Thursday, February 3, 2011

~Dancing the Dream~


"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I'm dancing, I've felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I've felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy.
I keep on dancing and dancing.......................and dancing, until there is only .................the dance".

~Michael Jackson


               If you didn't know by now I will go ahead and tell you that I am a die hard Michael Jackson fan. Not just because he was the king of pop, but because despite the fact that he had issues; he was the king of the dance. He understands dance in the way a true dancer understands it and experiences it everyday. He sees it for what it truly is. The good and the bad, the overwhelming and the overcoming. He had a true relationship with dancing that cannot be replaced. He left a mark on the world and the hearts of people in it. Even though he is gone, he continues to live on through dance and he continues to inspire me every time I step on the dance floor. When I dance, I think of this poem and I am reminded of the true reason why I dance. 

 For my creator!

Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.
Psalm 149:3

No comments:

Post a Comment