Friday, January 7, 2011

~ Just Stay The Same~



I look in your pretty eyes
I feel so blessed and overwhelmed
With each and every day
My love grows
It will never go away


I sometimes wonder how God could give me such a gift
A piece of heaven on earth
To share my life with


As time passes from then to now
Instead of worrying about life
I want to spend every moment
With you right now


I want to hold you forever
Right here in my arms
Put my life on hold
To forever remember this moment

 this moment more priceless than gold

When did you grow
I want to stop time
Scream no!

I never want to forget the you
You are right now
I want to stay forever in this moment
And always feel the way I do now


So please don't grow
Just stay the same
The barbies and dress up all over the floor can stay


But I know that someday you will grow up
 and one day feel the same
But for now let's just snuggle
Up on the couch
Because tomorrow is another day
Another day closer to

 the time you will go away

~ Macie Cantrell

                                 Psalm 127:3  
                         Behold, children are a
                        heritage from the Lord,
                  the fruit of the womb a reward.

 As parents we never want our kids grow up. We always wish we could stop time, make it last just a little longer, but as other parents know it goes by all too fast. So I want to remind you to stop your busy life from time to time and make lasting memories with your children.
 As adults we may face many challenges every day. It may be related to money, loosing a job, loosing a family member or something as small and annoying as a flat tire or speeding ticket that makes you late for work.  Either way we all fall victim to the stresses and worries of this world and we forget that our children need us. We must remember that our children are a gift, a heritage from the Lord. When you are in the presence of a child you are truly in the presence of God! What a sacred gift that will leave us radically changed , and never the same.
So please take time for your children.  I challenge you to stop what you are doing at least once a day to be on your childs level. Read them a story, snuggle, watch a movie, etc. Just stop and be in the moment with your children at least once a day.  It won't last forever.

 Here are some pictures of Hallie I have been looking back on. My how she's grown!




No comments:

Post a Comment