Monday, February 28, 2011

Dance Education Philosophy

~Dance Education Philosophy~

I personally believe that dance education is a system in which, children are able to explore movement creatively and comfortably through the processes and elements of dance. In dance education, I will not only instill correct movement, dance elements and technique to the students, but I will teach them about the love of dance and assist them on their road to finding their own experience and passion with dance. I am not a teacher to force, control or dominate. I am a teacher so that I can guide and nurture what already lies within the heart of every child and their love of dance. I believe that by teaching these kids difficult and complex movement, I am teaching them to think critically not only in the classroom, but as a full functioning member of society. Dance education is something that; in my opinion, should be offered in every school and could; if taught effectively, change the way our younger generations react to, and perceive the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment