Wednesday, December 8, 2010

~ The True Meaning Of Christmas~

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you felt like your life was so hard that you just wanted to break down and cry? Well let me just tell you, this week has been one of those weeks for me. Trying to juggle school, dance, being a mom, and a wife can be overwhelming at times.Especially during finals week. Who honestly wants to be spending everynight away from your family during the Christmas season. Not me! Just thinking about it makes me more upset. But I was reminded tonight by my 4 year old what this time of year is all about.

While Hallie and I were in the car on our way to pick Kevin up for his usual 5:00 break, we started to talk about Christmas and Santa and the Elfs. She started rambling on and on about all of the things she wanted for Christmas this year. Then, out of the blue she said something I have told her many times before but didn't think she understood or had a long enough attention span to obsorb. She said "Mommy you know, Christmas isn't just about Santa or presents; it's about love, family and mostly Jesus".

 What better way could God have reminded me about his love and about Christmas than through the heart of a child ? I was reminded through her, that God sent his only son to earth to save me.  What if I had to give up my only child in order to save the world? I can say with certainty that I couldn't do that. As I was thinking about loosing her, I was reminded how blessed I am to have a happy healthy family and how blessed I am to see them live for the glory of God every day.  I was reminded that I shouldn't be planning to celebrate Jesus's birthday just on December 25th, but that I should wake up every morning of, every day of every year with an attitude of praise.

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High". Psalms 7:17
Sometimes we must be reminded of what we are here for and what this time of year is all about. I hope this was a blessing to you and your life.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



Hallie in front of our beautiful Christmas tree

At Nana's by her tree

Daddy and Hallie


 

2 comments:

  1. That is very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! Thanks for reminding me too! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete