Tuesday, August 17, 2010

~ I Wish She Could Stay Little~

As I sit here, in my new Edmond apartment, watching Tinker Bell with Hallie (who will be 4 in September), I am taken back.... It seems like just yesterday we were living in McLoud watching Barbie and the Diamond Castle. It's crazy to think that so much has changed in just two short years.
 
As I have been reflecting on my life,  I have also had much more time to spend with my family.  My little Hallie is not so little anymore, and sometimes it's scary to think about. It's one thing to hear your parents say " I will miss you, and be so sad on your first day of school, but I will be happy for you:" and to actually experience it for yourself. Well I have actually had to experience this the last week, and it is very bittersweet. It's hard to imagine that my little Grace is already so anxious to take off away from me. I knew this day would come, but unfortunately I didn't know it would be so soon... I am already so proud of the young girl she has become. I love the way that she lights up when she speaks of Jesus and what he has done for her. WOW! What an amazing child of God.  Raising her and being her mother has been fun, difficult, and yet the most amazing experience of my life. Thank you Lord for giving me Hallie, my unexpected, wonderful and lovely first born daughter.

Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment